Weather forecasts will be monitored prior to the event paying special attention to the possibility of rain, thunder and lightning
On race day, the Race Director will monitor the weather and decide if any action will be taken to modify the run. Possible scenarios include: change of race start time, change of race course, change of race date or cancellation of the event.
Lightning visible to the Race Director or reported to the Race Director will cause the start of the race to be postponed for a minimum of 30 minutes after the latest flash of lightning.
In extreme weather, after consulting with weather meteorologist, the Race Director may decide to cancel the race either before the race has started or after the race has started.
We are a nonprofit organization operated by volunteers. All net proceeds from the race are used to support education mission in rural Haiti. No refunds are given if the race has to be cancelled because of inclement weather.